Special: Summer of SKYPE
Private Voice Lessons during the summer – don’t let your vocal training take a backseat due to summer break!
Now you can arrange to have a private voice lesson with D’Lytha from anywhere in the world!
- 4 thirty-minute Skype Singing Lessons in a summer month (one a week)
- Communication with D’Lytha via e-mail or text setting up your preferred day & time
- Lessons online using SKYPE, so you get the freedom to continue voice lessons no matter where you go!
- 4 (thirty minute) lessons are discounted! You pay only $120 for the month! That’s $5 off each lesson! *If you cannot make all four lessons, D’Lytha will try to reschedule with you – but her schedule is filling up quickly. These lessons are only good for the month you buy & they do not transfer.
4 week June session: Tuesday, June 3rd-Monday, June 30th
4 week July session: Tuesday, July 1st-Monday, July 28th
- A computer with a camera built in, audio, and a good Internet connection.
- A SKYPE account (free).
- Monthly payment is due by the 28th of the previous month. Example: May 28th for the June session. If payment of $120 is not paid by the 28th, you will forfeit your time slot.
- Please pay with credit card on Square Up If you need alternate payment options, please e-mail email@example.com.
- By the 28th of the month prior to your lessons, you should make sure D’Lytha has your SKYPE account name, phone number, & e-mail address.
Even if you do not wish to take lessons, still sign up for D’Lytha’s newsletter by e-mailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or going to the homepage, Fort Worth Voice, and filling out the contact form. You will get a monthly newsletter full of helpful ideas, thoughts, and video to continue honing your skills with voice and musical theatre.
What do I need for Skype lessons?
All you need is a computer, web cam, internet access, and a free version of Skype. Please be aware that the speed of the internet will effect the quality of the picture.
How do Skype lessons work?
Skype lessons are structured the same as in-person lessons, including technical warmups and song repertoire. During song work, if available you will be using pre-recorded tracks to sing with. If you don’t have a tracks already for the songs you’re working on, if possible I will email you practice tracks (digital audio files) to use during your lessons.
How effective are Skype Lessons?
I have had great success with Skype lessons. However, you as the student need to commit to practicing and being prepared for each lesson with music and tracks.
How do I pay for Skype lessons?
Please visit SquareUp to make your payment. Payments must be made in full prior to the lesson. Cancellations require 24 hour notice, but depending on the situation, you may have to pay for the cancelled lesson.
INSTRUCTIONS (part 1):
1) First, e-mail, call, or text D’Lytha: email@example.com or 817-455-3408 to secure your voice lesson day and time.
2) Go to SquareUp to pay for your lessons. If you are only purchasing a single lesson, please pay 2 days before the lesson is to take place. If you are purchasing a month during the Summer Skype series, pay on the 28th of the month prior to your start month. (Example: If you are taking for the month of June, you would pay on or before May 28th).
3) Carefully read the instructions below.
INSTRUCTIONS (part 2):
Make sure you’ve downloaded Skype. It is a free download and works with both Windows and Mac. Prior to our Skype singing lesson, we need to add each other to each other’s “Contact List’ using our Skype name. Once you’ve downloaded Skype, go to ‘Contacts’ at the top of your screen, then go to ‘Add a Contact’, then put in fortworthvoice, you’ll see me come up on the list, then add me. Then you’ll be directed to send me a message which says “Please allow me to see when you are online”.
Prior to our Skype voice lesson time, make sure you quit all unnecessary applications on your computer. If you don’t have a built-in microphone on your computer, you’ll need to use a USB microphone. Otherwise the built-in microphone will work just fine.
At our lesson time, I will ‘invite’ you. Please, do not invite me – I often have lessons back to back, so I will ‘invite’ you as soon as our lesson is supposed to start. If for some reason we have some technical difficulties, I will make sure you get the full time that you paid for.
Now get ready to sing!